**NOW CLOSED, SORRY**
‘Tis officially the season to be jolly! My absolute favourite time of the year. And if you’re not jolly, you’re officially the Grinch (don’t worry, your heart will grow with the love of the Whos down in Whoville too).
Those with mental health issues can find it especially hard at this time of year though, what with the stress and the wrapping and the overcrowding EVERYWHERE – it’s enough to drive anyone to a complete mental breakdown. It can also be a pretty lonely time of year, coping by yourself whilst everyone is so very merry indeed. So, I’ve come up with a little idea (very similar to the wonderful Lauren who did the #MHMailSwap) that we can do a little Secret Santa to help us all get through.
Secret Santa is one of my absolute favourite things ever, knowing that someone is thinking about you and has actually bought or created gifts specifically. It can also really help knowing that whatever you’re going through, someone’s got you back and in return you get that satisfaction of knowing that you’ve made someone else’s day too!
Ideas for a wonderful Christmassy Surprise:
- A lovely letter from you
- Mindfulness books/ideas/etc
- Lush gifts
- Chocolate (!)
- Miniature toiletries
- Anything you think they’ll LOVE
- You can email or DM me for inspiration if needed!
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want in with your full name and address (don’t worry this will only be shared with your Secret Santa and no one else ever).
- No more than £10 worth of gifts to be included (you can spend as little or as much of this as you like).
- The person you send to will not necessarily be the person you receive gifts from (hence the Secret Santa).
- ENJOY! Relish in the fact that it’s CHRISTMASSSSSS!
The deadline for this will be just over a month from now – DECEMBER 1ST 2016. We all know how Royal Mail get at Christmas, therefore giving us a bit of leeway to get the parcels sent. So, make sure you get involved quickly if you want to!!!
Lots of festive love,
P.S. I have an idea that we can all open them together and try and guess who sent what over on Twitter on December 15th at 7:30PM before the #TalkMH chat to spread the festive cheer using the hashtag #MHSecretSanta, opinions very, very welcome…