On Thursday, I turned 23 (the Blink song turns out not to be true, people do like you at 23!!) and to celebrate this, here are 23 things I’ve learnt within my lifetime.
- Life is bloody wonderful!
- Every single person is different and has their own story.
- You can’t live in the past, nor in the future – savour right now!
- True love is unselfish and unconditional.
- Even the darkest of days only last 24 hours.
- Having a good old cry can really help.
- No one else has a clue what they’re doing either.
- Try not to discuss politics or religion with people you don’t know, especially after a few drinks.
- Making mistakes doesn’t make you a bad person, it’s how you deal with them.
- You don’t have to conform to anyone’s expectations.
- Always take your makeup off at night.
- Animals are 100% better than most humans.
- Recovery isn’t linear.
- If it doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t.
- Nature is truly beautiful, and you are part of nature.
- There’s only one you, look after yourself otherwise there will be no you.
- A good cup of tea can fix the majority of things.
- Sleep helps the brain and body to recover, make sure you get enough.
- Always be flexible, life can’t be planned.
- You are enough.
- It will get better.
- Love may quite possibly be the meaning of life.
- Broken bones hurt, don’t fall off kerbs!