Firstly, HAPPY NEW YEAR! So, back this time last year, I managed to write 2017 Hopes and Dreams with a set of 10 things I wanted to accomplish by now, so I thought I’d round up the year and those goals before moving onto my 2018 Hopes and Dreams! (P.S. Sorry it’s been so long since I posted yet again, life has been crazy and I’ve barely had time for me, let alone anything else!)
- Help more people. In 2017, I set up #PosiMH which I wish to continue this year (life permitting), continued to blog – albeit spontaneously through the latter half of the year – and hopefully my presence in the community last year did help others.
- Get another tattoo. Last year, I gained 4 new handpoked tattoos – a lil moon, sunshine and two viking runes – on each side of my ankles, so I guess this can be completely ticked!
- Go to as many festivals as possible. Despite breaking my ankle in the middle of festival season, I was still able to attend Mutiny, Field Day, Isle of Wight, Reading and Bestival! Hopefully in 2018 I won’t break my ankle again so will be able to attend even more!
- Learn to play bass guitar. Let’s be honest, I didn’t even pick up a guitar all year, and to be fair I don’t think I’ll ever really learn (can’t teach an old dog new tricks).
- Read more. I didn’t quite reach my goal of 30, in fact I fell short by 6 books! I think the fact I didn’t go on holiday and spent so much time busy with life led me to not really reading as much as I ought to.
- Stay clean. Fail, fail, fail. My mental health went to absolute shite at the very end of 2017, as my physical health also deteriorated (hello PoTS, epilepsy and 3 bouts of quinsy!)
- Put myself out there. Honestly, I moved to a new city with a new job, new boyfriend, so much newness. I never thought I’d be able to leave bed again until last April, let alone everything that my life currently is. I’ve really changed everything around even if my mental health still is a work in progress and I need to remember to be proud of that.
- Travel as much as possible. Despite not travelling abroad in 2017, I managed to travel a fair amount around the UK – Stockton-On-Tees/Middlesbrough, Darlington, Southampton, Portsmouth, Reading, Isle of Wight, London, Dorset, Kent and obviously the big move to Brighton!
- Enjoy the little things. Honestly, this is the only thing that keeps me sane. I’m so grateful to everyone and everything and always so, so thankful.
- See those beautiful London fireworks as 2018 starts. This did not happen, but instead I was able to look after a very drunk boyfriend who had far too much wine, whilst I was finishing yet another course of antibiotics.
**If you or your loved one’s condition is critical, suicidal, or just very worrying, please call 999. You can also contact the Samaritans on 116 123 – 24 hours a day or Mind‘s infoline on 0300 123 3393 (Mon-Fri 9am-6pm)**